A special occasion or in need of a little glow? Our natural spray tans can help put a spring in your step. Moroccan Tan delivers a realistic result time after time and is the perfect way to achieve a natural healthy bronzed look.
Preparation for your spray tan application
Legs or Torso $37
Full Body $50
- If you wax, do so at least 48 hours prior to your tan application. If you shave, please do so the night before your tan application.
- Use a loofah, mitt or body scrub on the night before your appointment to thoroughly exfoliate the skin prior to your tan appointment. We stock tan remover mitts specifically designed to remove your previous spray tan and/or exfoliate the skin. If you prefer a body scrubs ensure no oily residue is left on the skin if this is your final shower before your tan.
- Avoid applying moisturisers, or lotions on the day of your appointment. These will act as an inhibitor to the tan and affect the final result.
- Make sure you do not apply deodorant on the day of your spray tan. Ensure you wash your underarms with a washcloth and soap really well prior to getting a tan as most deodorants are long lasting so need thorough removal.
- If it’s raining we suggest you bring an umbrella, and wear clothing that will cover your skin to prevent any water drops going on to your undeveloped spray tan.
Home care for your spray tan application
- Bring dark and loose clothing to wear after your tan to avoid staining light clothing, rubbing the tan off, and to feel most comfortable. Where possible avoid wearing your bra after your tan. Alternatively, a strapless bra or bathing suit is recommended to protect rubbing in the shoulder area, especially if you are wearing a strapless dress to an upcoming event. Also, jandals are great to avoid rubbing the tan off your feet.
- No swimming, sweating, exercising, or getting wet until you have showered within the recommended development time.
- When you wash off your tan (have your first shower) ensure you have a quick shower (30 seconds to 1 minute) and use your hands to wipe over your skin to make sure all initial bronzers are fully rinsed and the water runs clear – this ensures there is no ‘streaking’ to the tan which would be from the bronzers not being rinsed enough. We recommend a water only shower when doing your first rinse off ie. no shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, and no moisturiser for that first shower until the tan has fully developed – the next day is fine.
- Pat your skin dry post-shower – do not rub!
- Leave the tan on for 1-8 hours to develop before showering. Your therapist will tell you when to wash off your tan, depending on your desired color and solution chosen. When you have a shorter rinse off time, do remember your tan will take another 24 hours to fully develop to its true shade. In some cases you may feel like you have no tan once you have showered – please remember it takes this 24 hours to develop on the skin.
- If you are sleeping overnight with your undeveloped tan, remember to sleep on dark sheets to avoid staining bedding from the initial bronzers of the spray tan which will be there until your first shower.
- Moisturise daily to preserve the tan for the longest time. We recommend using a gradual tan which we have available in the salon to keep the colour for longer.
- Chlorine will shorten the length of your tan so avoid swimming pools and spas following application.
- Exfoliate only when you are ready to remove the tan